We’re 10 minute’s walk from The Coach and Bus station and 15 minutes from Temple Meads train station. For directions, please see Google Maps or download our PDF map.
Permits are available for £12 per 24h stay (increase to £14 from 1st April 2014) which allow you to park in the NCP Queen Charlotte Street.Post code is BS1 4ES- less than a minute walk from the Guesthouse.
Alternatively we have permits for The Mall Bristol, 25 Union Gallery, Broadmead, Bristol BS1 3 XD – just five minutes walk from our front door. Please download our PDF for directions.
The nearest bus stop is on Colston Avenue just 2 minutes walk away. Look for the number 8 or 9 bus – these are the best buses for exploring the city.
The nearest hop on, hop off stop is on Rupert Street or Colston Ave.
Call 0117 9855555 or pop across to the taxi rank on Colston Avenue, just a 2 minute walk from the Guesthouse.
Travel the docks in style – available every 40 mins, 364 days a year from Temple Meads train station. Come out of the station, take an immediate right for access onto the river. Hop off at the Victoria Street Bridge. Head north over Back Bridge and Bridge streets, and then turn left into St Nicholas St (2 minutes).
How to be a ‘Green Visitor’…
At Brooks Guesthouse we are committed to operating in an environmentally friendly way. Here are some suggestions on how to be a greener visitor:
Give the car a rest and travel by train or bus.
Bikes - If you travel to Bristol by bike, or are bringing your bikes with you, we have secure bike storage available to guests.
Re-use towels – towels are changed on the 3rd night of your stay to avoid wasting energy through unnecessary laundry.
Conserve energy – switch lights off when not needed and keep windows closed when heating is on. All rooms have thermostatic controls on heaters so heating temperature can be adjusted as required.
Be water wise – use water wisely, such as by turning the tap off when brushing your teeth.
Reduce, re-use, recycle – leave recyclable goods in your room and we shall recycle them.
Support Green Tourism Businesses – There are hundred’s of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impacts through the Green Tourism Business Scheme, see www.green-business.co.uk for more information.
Brooks Guesthouse – Green Policy
At Brooks Guesthouse we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this:
- We comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- We reduce pollution emissions and waste.
- We reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices.
- We expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- We assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- We have minimised our risks associated with social and environmental issues.
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.