At Brooks Guesthouse we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this:
- We comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- We reduce pollution emissions and waste.
- We reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices.
- We expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- We assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- We have minimised our risks associated with social and environmental issues.
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.
How to be a ‘Green Visitor’
At Brooks Guesthouse we are committed to operating in an environmentally friendly way. Here are some suggestions on how to be a greener visitor:
- Give the car a rest and travel by train or bus.
- Re-use towels – towels are changed on the 3rd night of your stay to avoid wasting energy through unnecessary laundry.
- Conserve energy – switch lights off when not needed and keep windows closed when heating is on.
- All rooms have thermostatic valves on radiators so heating temperature can be adjusted as required.
- Be water wise – use water wisely, such as by turning the tap off when brushing your teeth.
- Reduce, re-use, recycle – leave recyclable goods in your room and we shall recycle them.